The 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport trim will attract fans all over the word. The Ford Explorers are presently riding the boom of scalability and sales with figures reaching a whopping 250,000 in the year 2015. These figures reveal a significant increase of 19% from what it was previously. But as trendsetters do, they do not stop when they see success right in the face.
2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport – Trim Package:
- Magnetic and metallic painted front grille comprising chrome mesh air intakes.
- The emblem will be resting on its black hood.
- The 20-inch x 8.5 inches magnetic and metal painted 10 spoke alloy wheels.
- A dark textured roof and rack side rails.
- Lower body and side cladding insert with lift gate appliques.
- Body color liftgate spoilers.
- Black painted exterior door panels.
- Black and glossy mirrors with LED indicators and daytime running lamps.
- Rear end LED lights having exceptional black treatments.
- Lower beam headlamps.
The luxury radiates from its cabs in the form of fresh perforated leather heated upholstery with red accented stitches. It’s dull black color scheme works extremely well with the earth gray leather seats bolstered on the outside with Salerno premium leather. Deep gray Miko suede wraps the rear seats. Umber scrim inserts are applicable for both back end seats and also its door trim.
Entertainment, climate and safety tech specs:
This 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport trim incorporates a supernumerary of tech specs. The Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Sony auto systems with 12 speakers, voice-enabled navigation and an appealing front media bin will be seen.
In its optional trims, the standard music system will be replaced with 500 Watt Sony Audio having Live Acoustic and Clear Phase feature.
An upgraded rear auxiliary climate monitoring system will keep things cozy at the back. This will be accompanied by efficient air filtration and dual zone temperature controls. Such specs will come both in standard as well as optional trims. When designing the 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport trim models, their aim was to maintain utmost safety for passengers and safety regarding theft and robbery.
- Standard trims will come with SOS Post.
- Crash alert feature, safety canopy system.
- Lower anchors and tether anchors for children- LATCH.
- Roll Stability feature with AdvanceTrac.
- Keyless entry keypad with SecuriCode.
- A passive Anti-theft system with SecuriLock.
- TPMS- Tire pressure measuring system.
- Perimeter alarming system.
2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport – Engine Specifications:
The 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport trims engine will come with the standard 3.5 liter V6 mated with a 6-speed automatic speed. This engine has been tuned to produce two different sets of outputs. One being 290 HP@ 6500 rpm/255 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm and 365 HP@5500 rpm/350 lb-ft@ 3500 rpm! The EPA power output is 16 mpg in the city, 23 mpg on highways and 19 mpg combined.
2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport – Price and Competition:
The new Ford Explorer XLT Sport trim is expected to be somewhere around $37,000. At this range, the Ford may expect competition from Nissan Pathfinder, Honda Pilot, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chevrolet Traverse.