The new model of 2018 Chevrolet Traverse is certainly an eye-catching SUV that calls for separate attention. This new model will be built on an elongated form of C1XX platform, thus improving interior cabin space. Additional features are also going to be added to this model, which includes a reworked powertrain unit. A longer wheelbase design is used to improve the stability of this Chevrolet Traverse 2018, along with better safety equipment and a robust exterior profile.
2018 Chevrolet Traverse – Available Trims and Design:
The 2018 Chevrolet Traverse will feature 6 different trim variants. However, this will include the basic 4 different trims that Chevrolet has with all of their SUV franchises, along with 2 special ones that are coming out just for this automobile. The trims include.
- High Country.
Among the 6 trims mentioned, the base RS trim and the highest High Country trim will be specially added to this 2018 model.
The Chevrolet Traverse will introduce sophisticated features when it comes to its design and styling upgrades. A few of those additions are stated below:
- Brand new 8.0 inch My Link infotainment module with touch screen controls.
- Dual zone climate controls.
- Modified dashboard with wireless connectivity.
- A lowered roofline, along with elongated body lines give this model a robust and sturdy look.
- Lower grille design, along with improved D Optic LED head and also tail lights.
2018 Chevrolet Traverse – Powertrain Choices:
The 2018 Chevrolet Traverse basically offers one powertrain configurations.
- Its standard 3.6 LITER V6 cylinder unit returns with some improvements. This engine can also generate around 281 HP of max power at 6300 RPM, along with 270 lb-ft of max torque at 3400 RPM.
Performance and Fuel Economy:
This model comes with both front wheel drive and all-wheel drivetrain options that customers can choose for themselves. Furthermore, all models of this vehicle will have a 9-speed automatic transmission. However, fuel economy figures look better on FWD models, as compared to AWD models. The EPA ratings are as follows:
- A combined fuel economy of 25 MPG on FWD model of this automobile.
- A combined fuel economy of 19 MPG on AWD models.
2018 Chevrolet Traverse – Availablity and Affordability:
The new Chevrolet Traverse has not been officially released, so exact MSRP figures are not yet known to customers. The Chevrolet has finally commented that it will come out by the fall of 2017 or early 2018. Its customers can expect a price tag of around $29,000 for the base model and around $50,000 for the highest trim variant.