The fifth generation model is finally coming out and is slated to release as 2018 Chevy Tahoe. The Chevrolet has been a long-standing automobile company for the better part of a decade, and their Tahoe series started way back in 1992. Since then this franchise has produced 4 generations of luxury SUV models, with much acclaim from international markets. Automakers have suggested that this new generation model will feature a better and upgraded suspension module. This will improve overall safety by preventing roll over during sharp turns, thus improving stability and handling of Chevy Tahoe 2018. In addition to that, better traction support is another improvement that might interest customers.
2018 Chevy Tahoe – Design Changes:
The Chevrolet is certainly looking to increase the overall size of this automobile in order to make it even bigger. The 2018 Chevy Tahoe is rumored to be around 204 inches in length. Hence, customers can expect some significant design changes when it comes to this new generation model. A few of those potential changes include:
- Modified front and rear bumper design, with slight changes to LED head lights and fenders.
- New 8 way power adjustable seats with improved passenger head and leg room.
- Additional solar sensors and twin illuminating mirrors are added for better visibility.
- Modified dashboard controls with a touch screen infotainment module.
- Better safety specs, including post-collision SOS feature, tire pressure monitoring system and stability management.
- Adaptive cruise control feature is added, with an advanced traction control mechanic.
The 2018 Chevy Tahoe will not differ much in terms of its trim models as compared to its previous iterations. As of now, only 3 different trim variants are officially reported. These include LS, LT, Premier.
2018 Chevy Tahoe – Performance Details:
The Chevrolet has already announced that there would not be a separate powertrain for this 5th generation Chevy Tahoe. So, customers can expect the existing engine to make a comeback in this model. This consists of a 5.3 LITER EcoTec 3 V8 cylinder powertrain that has been paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The overall power output of Chevy Tahoe is quite impressive – generating 355 HP of max power, along with 383 lb-ft of max torque. Additional performance specs of this car include:
- It features a rear wheel drive train module for better performance output.
- At full capacity, this vehicle reaches a top speed of 114 MPH.
- Acceleration is pretty impressive as well, generating 0-60 MPH in just 6.7 seconds.
- Fuel economy rates stand at 16 MPG for city drive and 22 MPG for highway drive – thus estimating at 19 MPG for a combined setup.
2018 Chevy Tahoe – Availability and Price:
As far as release dates for 2018 Chevy Tahoe are concerned, the Chevrolet has already announced that this model will release earlier in North America than Europe and Asia. So customers can expect a 2017 release in the US, but customers in Europe and Asia will have to wait for 2018. Its base trim model is estimated to cost $48,000, while higher variants might add onto that figure.