With headlights similar to keen eyes of a snow leopard and a body like the powerful gait of a polar bear, the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee will be one big name in the off-roading market. Speculations about Jeep deciding to substitute their old Mercedes platform for a new co-developed platform by Alpha Romeo that has already made strong circulations among automobile enthusiasts.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee – Expected Design Specifications:
Speaking of consistency and conservativeness of the company, the 2018 Grand Cherokee is likely to retain most of its earlier design with minor upgrades. The 4×4 is expected to look meaner and more cunning this time.
On this note following points can be highlighted about its external design:-
- A pair of lean and thin led headlamps coupled with a pair of LED tail lamps.
- A wide front grill that gives it an intimidating look.
- Leading lines along the sides which gives it and aggressive
- The 4 doors with a seating capacity of 5 passengers.
- 17×8 inch aluminum wheels with P245/70R17 BSW on/off-Road tires.
The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee is equally charming from the inside:
- Electric power steering, front and rear storage pockets which come as standard.
- Audio controls are destined to be steering mounted as the previous version.
- A fully touch controlled led panel would be responsible for and in-house control of the vehicle.
- Quilted seats, leather-wrapped door panels, a piano black theme with red stitching and that Tail Hawk branding on the rear of the seats also make the interior a treat to be in.
- The Jeep is planning to introduce a 7 inch personalized instrument cluster with full speed gauge and terrain selection capabilities. These would help the vehicle switch on/off its traction control as and when required as well as transfer its center of gravity leading to increased stability and maneuverability.
A Look at Safety:
The Jeep has always been the pinnacle as far as the safety of their vehicles is concerned. The reverse parking will be also assisted with a rear Park View backup camera and Enhanced Accident Response System. However, the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee will have tire pressure monitoring system along with the standards.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee – Powertrain:
It is expected to take a “Grand” leap from 2.6 liters 232 HP engine to a standard 3.6 liters 295 HP turbocharged engine. For power enthusiasts and people with large hearts, the Jeep would provide even more power under its hood comprising a 6.4 liters 475 HP V-8 engine. This SUV will churn out 470 lb-ft of torque which will give those impacting power surges that would help it cut through every terrain. However, talking of its EPA rating, it is expected to be 13/19 mpg on city/highway.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee – Competitors, Price and Release Date:
With a tank-like appearance, the Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 is striving towards an excellence of muscularity and technology. It is expected to give vehicles like Hyundai Santa Fe, Nissan Murano, and VW Touareg a run for their money.
The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee is expected to be priced from $31,000 to $70,000. Finally, the release date will be around late 2017 or early 2018.