Known to be one of Lexus’ best-selling models the 2018 Lexus GX is hopeful of continuing the same tradition. With most GX owners currently using their cars for towing and off-roading purposes, the Lexus aims to market GX as more of a luxurious model in 2018. It is supposed to be a more prestigious product says Lexus and comes in three variants – GX 460, GX 460 Premium and GX 460 Luxury.
How safe is the 2018 Lexus GX?
The Lexus, a company known for its safety has equipped its 2018 Lexus GX with Roadside Assistance and Lane Departure Alert. In addition to this Blind Spot Monitor with cross traffic control alert is also present. A minor feature named as active front headrest helps in reducing whiplash injuries.
Expect Lexus to equip the GX with downhill assist control, tire pressure monitoring system and backup camera with dynamic grid lines for safe reversing of the car.
What will stand out?
- Classy headlamps along with strong fog lamps adorn the front of GX. This is accompanied by vertically oriented LED tail lamps which are a trademark from Lexus.
- Known for its Unibody design Lexus claims to reduce the curb weight of 2018 GX by 20%.
- Hour Glass Grilles, a heritage with Lexus is present with a slight coating of chrome giving it an, even more, cruiser look.
- The company will have an increased wheelbase of 109.8 inches which will lead to better leg room and boot space. Ground clearance is at 215 mm.
- It uses 265/60R 18 alloy wheels, but as an option, bigger wheels of 295/45R20 can also be installed.
How about the internal ambiance of 2018 Lexus GX?
- Touches of luxury have been provided in the form of wooden panels on the dashboard, door panels, and steering wheel.
- While the first and the second rows encompass comfortable adult sitting, the third row owing to its less leg room is more comfortable for the kids.
- It is moderately corner-friendly and provides a turning radius of 41.1 ft.
- Expect a 17 speaker 450-watt surround system along with less trim heated steering and rear spoiler.
What is under its hood of 2018 Lexus GX?
A 4.6-liter V-8 engine churning out 301 HP of power and 330 lb-ft of torque is what 2018 Lexus GX boasts of. Acceleration is quite impressive leaping from 0-60 mph in 7.5 seconds coupled with a towing capacity of 6500 lb. It will be provided with a 6-speed auto transmission. Expect a fuel economy of 20 mpg on the highway and 15 mpg in the city.
Speculations are there regarding a hybrid model but only time will prove to be of the essence in this respect.
Is the design an eye turner?
The Lexus known for its luxury along with off-roading capabilities has laid its full effort in sculpting out the vehicle. It provides the market with a number of external and internal awe-inspiring features:-
Competitors, Release Date and Price
The 2018 Lexus GX is sure to give Acura RDX, Infiniti Q60, and Volvo XC90 a tough competition in this segment. It is expected to unveil itself by the end of 2017. This model will be priced around $52,000 to $70,000.