Many people want to shift to Florida because of the warm weather that it provides, having sandy beaches, and many tourists prefer to visit here almost every year. However, there is a difference between visiting as a tourist and coming to this place for a living.
If you want to relocate then Ship a Car, Inc. can offer a superior service to ship a car to Florida as SAC has plenty of experience as a broker and got access to several carrier’s networks.
However, you must remember that many people are trying to move to this state and also it is one of the most populous states. Therefore, most of the time the transport is fully busy.
Before you decide to move to any of the cities of Florida, you must be aware of a few historical facts about Florida as mentioned below.
• In the year 1513, a Spanish surveyor called Juan Ponce de Leon led the first European expedition to this state and named the state for complementing the Easter festivity of Spain which is called “Pascua Florida,” which means Feast of Flowers
• During the 1800s, the U.S. crowd invaded the Native American residents of this region.
• In 1817, the General Andrew Jackson did lead an incursion to Florida before he became president of the USA.
• In 1821, Jackson was selected as military chief by the secretary of State John Quincy Adams.
• In the year 1845, it was included as the 27th state of the USA.
• At the beginning of the late 19th century, people from the Northern states started moving to Florida to escape from harsh winters.
Before you decide to move to Florida, make sure that you have a job in your hand. There are many different business activities are carried out in the state and Miami is considered to be a center of international commerce. The following are a few things that you must know before moving to Florida:
• Depending upon the place where you choose to live, the cost of living can be different
• Lifestyle in different parts of the state is different
• Most retired people like to get settled over here.
• Lots of construction works are going on in this state.
• Every year there can be a hurricane.
Transportation in Florida
Following railways connects to different cities of the state:56
• Intercity rail
There is an Amtrak service that starts from Lorton, South of Washington DC, Virginia that travels through the southern US via New Orleans, San Antonio, Houston to Los Angeles. After Katrina, the service has been indefinitely suspended.
Now 2 additional Amtrak trains operate between New York City and Miami. In 2015, in the state of Florida, Amtrak had a total boarding and alighting of 1,027,196.
• High-speed intercity rail
The Florida of Transportation Department was trying to create a high-speed rail to connect Lakeland, Tampa, and Orlando. The work for this Florida High-Speed Rail system started in July 2010 however the work stopped in 2011 after Governor Rick Scott declined to fund this project.
Florida voters thought this project is going to be too expensive which could connect Tampa and Orlando.